Creating a range of well-considered products that will carry the name of some of the world’s biggest sporting brands. Working with race/fight used artefacts from the worlds of F1, MotoGP and UFC to create compelling products for the sports enthusiast. Turning the discarded materials from sports teams and events into treasured B2B gifting propositions. Building a reputation for the Memento brand, rooted in high-quality design and sustainability.
The role demands a pro-active self-starter who can draw upon a broad process knowledge and apply it across a wide range of products and price points. It could be a coffee table for £10k, or keyrings for £10. Daily tasks will involve ideation and visualisation leading to technical drawings and supplier liaison to source prototypes that achieve sign-off both internally and with the brand-owner.
Memento’s roster of partners is growing, and you will be a customer facing part of the business, required to interact with various levels of these large multi-national businesses. This role is based full-time at our HQ just outside Bugbrooke, Northampton. Limited or ad-hoc homeworking is in scope, but it is anticipated you will be onsite most days.
- Ideation, development, and visualisation of upcycled products.
- Delivering a high-quality outcome in a fast-paced environment.
- Communication and liaison with onsite teams, suppliers, and customers.
- Production of detailed engineering drawings and revision control.
- Pulling together first-offs or proofs of concept for team sign-off.
- Generating new and novel solutions on a daily basis that are feasible and cost effective.
- Working within the constraints of low volume UK supply.
- Helping to develop and define the innovation and quality processes within Memento.
- Winning support for your ideas and championing them within the business.
Education, Skills & Experience:
- Graduate in Industrial/Product Design.
- Experience in a professional design environment is desirable but not a must.
- Expert in Solid works CAD, Adobe Creative Suite and Keyshot or equivalents.
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Flexible approach, detailed and pro-active.
- Reporting to the Chief Product Officer in what will be a growing team.
- Collaborating with a growing roster of onsite makers.
- Presenting to customers directly and communicating through our account managers.
- Building productive working relationships with new and established suppliers
- Wellness Programme.
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
- Employee Discounts.
- Company Pension.
- Refer a Friend Scheme.
- Apprenticeship Programmes
This is a full-time position.
If you are interested in applying for this position please send a cover letter and C.V. to email@example.com.