The Compliance Officer (CO) primary role is to ensure that the organisations compliance frameworks are maintained, managed, and coordinated in conjunction with the Head of IT & Digital, with both Internal and External entities. The CO would be pivotal in co-ordinating pertinent Business processes, Compliance Policy changes and procedures with internal stakeholders to ensure that the effectiveness of the compliance framework doesn’t diminish, whilst ensuring that the operational elements of the business can continue to be effective. The CO would become the primary owner of the organisations ISMS system, liaising with the solution provider to ensure its effectiveness. The CO would be instrumental in planning, co-ordinating and remediating each audit with the Head of IT & Digital.
The CO would be pivotal in all Compliance frameworks, with the Head of IT & Digital, however the Owner of all compliance frameworks will continue to be the Head of IT & Digital and would be deemed as Data Protection Officer (DPO).
The CO duties will include the following, this is not an exhaustive list of duties and responsibilities, however the focus of the CO is to ensure the effectiveness of all the organisations compliance frameworks, streamlining them to ensure that the business can continue be effective and that they have a positive impact.
- Stay up to date with changes in laws and regulations that may impact the organisation.
- Investigate and resolve compliance issues or violations.
- Provide guidance and training to employees on compliance matters.
- Conduct regular audits to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations.
- Maintain ISMS solution and remediate where necessary.
- Liaise with pertinent Compliance partners/ providers.
- Develop, maintain and updated compliance documents, Policies and automated tests required for compliance frameworks.
The CO will be involved in a variety of technologies and services, it would therefore be incumbent on the CO to recommend services and solutions to minimise risk and improve our Compliance posture.
The CO would be based at the Head office, currently near Bugbrooke. The CO would, on approval from the Head of IT & Digital attend training, events and conferences.
Please contact email@example.com if you are interested in applying for this position.